SKY IS THE LIMIT INC IS COMMITTED TO KEEPING STARLIGHT AN AD-FREE SERVICE TO OUR USERS. SKY IS THE LIMIT INC WILL NOT ADVERTISE IN ANY FORM ON THE STARLIGHT SITE.
What information STARLIGHT collects from you (and why we collect it).
How we use and share that information.
The choices you have, including how to access, update and delete your information.
This Policy applies to all services offered by SKY IS THE LIMIT INC (hereinafter referred to as “SKY, STARLIGHT,” “we,” “us," and “our,”).
This policy applies to STARLIGHT Users and Visitors as well as educators and schools who utilize the service in a classroom setting. STARLIGHT users are our registered account holders. STARLIGHT Visitors are parties invited to engage in homework by a registered user Teacher or SKY IS THE LIMIT INC administrator.
We have done our best to write this Policy in simple, clear terms. We encourage you to read it carefully, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Collection of your Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) sending us an email message. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future. We will keep you informed as our privacy or data collection policy changes.
Registration - When you sign up as a teacher to use our services, we require you to provide certain information, such as: Email address, Unique password for account security purposes, Optional information at your sole discretion (e.g. when signing up through Google Authentication). For students, no registration is required. The student only provides a code for identification, which can also be an anonymizing alias. There is one exception: if students use Google/Microsoft/Clever/Email accounts to join a session, we additionally collect their email address and name. However, we solely collect it for authentication purposes.
Communication with SKY IS THE LIMIT INC or STARLIGHT for support via email.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Starlight does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Starlight may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or provide customer support, or similar reasons. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Starlight, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Starlight may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Starlight or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Starlight; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Starlight, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Starlight. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Starlight website.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Starlight does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Starlight welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Starlight has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Starlight at:
STARLIGHT, SKY IS THE LIMIT INC
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of May 01, 2023